Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the Big 4-0

Slipknot's Shawn 'Clown' Crahan plans to celebrate his 40th birthday later this month by hosting an art show at the Hotel Kirkwood in Des Moines, Iowa. He says he plans to display acrylic on canvas paintings, framed photography, and prints and Polaroids from his upcoming book, The Apocalyptic Nightmare Journey. "My first gallery showing is truly the realization of a lifelong dream. I feel as though I've waited my whole life to be able to enjoy what I always imagined painting to be. Painting is one of the only artistic expressions that brings me ultimate happiness and freedom. This show is a fun way to have an evening dedicated to the celebration of everyone's ambitions and love for art, whatever their medium may be. So, artists everywhere, come as you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment