Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Almost Never Happened!


Travis Barker never thought Blink 182 would release another CD after his plane crash. He says, "Honestly, I never thought the album would be finished. For a while after my accident, I was just recovering. No one really thought I would be able to play drums after all the surgeries and everything. That was always on my mind. Once I was in the studio, it was like, 'I can walk now, I can play the drums still. I have to finish this.'" Barker underwent 16 surgeries and almost lost his foot as he battled to recover from his injuries. It was sketchy, so I came a long way. And mentally I was a basket case. "It was a big amount of time to get off of 20 medications that they had me on, and then physically getting in shape. It was heavy."

No comments:

Post a Comment