Monday, December 20, 2010

Dave comes clean


On Friday, Disturbed's David Draiman admitted he overdosed earlier this year on allergy meds. He said, "I'd been having allergy shot therapy, and in the middle of the touring cycle an injection that was supposed to be administered at 0.05 of a particular concentration was injected at 0.5 - 10 times more than I was supposed to get. I had severe anaphylactic shock. Airwaves constricted, blood pressure plummeting. I was on oxygen for hours and still my blood pressure was way, way low. This was the day before we were supposed to play three shows in a row and the residual inflammation that came from the allergic reaction meant that I couldn't heal from it in the middle of the touring cycle. My vocal cords were pretty beaten up: seeing them on a stroboscope was pretty scary. They told me if I sang I'd be risking permanent damage."

No comments:

Post a Comment