Monday, December 13, 2010

Naughty list

Michael Oddo, an oil painter from Moorpark, California, is selling Christmas ornaments that show Santa Claus being tortured, executed, beaten, electrocuted and hung by an evil dwarf. He says he started making the wooden statues after he was forced to come up with a last minute gift. "I am very busy around Christmastime, but some dear old friends invited me to an ornament exchange and told me, 'Everyone has to make one.' I realized I didn't have time to make one, but I made the time. I stayed up all night creating a wood ornament showing Santa on a guillotine with his head in the basket. I used real human hair on Santa and a lot of red paint for the blood. When I showed up, the piece caused a ruckus. People shared my feelings and I immediately started getting orders." Oddo charges $100 for the ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment