Friday, January 16, 2009

Hostile Takeover Weekend: Zoey's Playlist

Hostile Takeover weekend on 979X. What does that mean... exactly? It means YOU take control of the airwaves @ 979X! Pick your playlist now CLICK HERE

I have successfully taken over McKay's show... in a very hostile way.
Most of my choices were made based on the fact that I love each and every one of these videos... remembering when MTV used to actually play videos. I can recall Aerosmith's video with the cutting edge technology at the time and the break out series of Alicia Silverstone. The Chili Peppers video that looked like a video game, Nirvana with their wrenching images and the absolute very best video I've ever ever EVER seen... Prodigy, smack my bitch up. Lastly, I chose Cassie because it makes me recall one of the very first times the band Flyleaf came to hang out and preform in the 979X rock lounge. It was the first time I ever heard "Cassie", and Lacey explained how the band was touched by the Columbine shooting several years ago, especially the story of the young girl, Cassie, who was asked by the shooters if she believed in God. Answering yes caused them to kill her. I am a pretty tough cookie, but this brought tears to my eyes and brought so much more meaning to the song for me.

Zoey's Playlist
Flyleaf- Cassie
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Snow
Aerosmith- Amazing
Prodigy- Smack My Bitch Up
Nirvana- Heart Shaped Box

No comments:

Post a Comment