Friday, September 24, 2010

Depression sucks

Disturbed's David Draiman says depression led him to write and record Asylum. "I had my fiancee leave me, my best friends betrayed me, and the love of my life at the time, my touring companion, my dog Lisa, I had to put her to sleep during the Music as a Weapon run. It was really difficult for me to deal with and I got into a new relationship with a beautiful wonderful girl and things went temporarily sour just prior to me moving into my new home in Austin, Texas. I moved from Chicago to Austin and I ordered a new pup that was supposed to be ready for me and by the time I got home the puppy ended up dying on the way to me and my girl didn't end up moving in with me at that point in time. So I come off the road, move into an empty house, into a new town that I don't know very many people, and just started this downward spiral of depression. And that's when the lyrics started being penned for this record -- so nothing good came from that."

No comments:

Post a Comment