Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On the Wagon... again?

STP was performing in Texas over the weekend when Scott Weiland broke down and talked about his sobriety. He said, "I believe in music, I believe in rock 'n roll, I be lieve in friendship and family. But you know what, on the 8th December will be time when I stopped doing dope... I started drinking again. I got divorced, my wife... And my whole world basically spun around and so you know what, I'm gonna take care of myself (now) because that's what I need to take care of... Instead of just having a few shows, I wanna have a whole hell of a lot of shows."

A reviewer for HoustonPress.com wrote, "He seemed off mentally, a little too meandering and talkative, bringing up his own past drug and alcohol abuse... Weiland's banter in between songs was odd and confusing. He touched on using inner-ear monitors, the band's first gigs... what grunge means to him and why bands don't destroy gear anymore."

STP has postponed several of their Texas shows

No comments:

Post a Comment