Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's all about you... man


Disturbed's David Draiman just returned to the states from vacationing in Israel. He says one night he saw his brother perform at a comedy club and told him not to invite him on stage. "No I didn’t get up and perform. The last time I went to see him, he called me up and I told him then to never do that to me again. I don’t mind being put on the spot, but I’m coming there for my brother and it shouldn’t be about me. I didn’t wear these [pointing to his oversized chin piercings], I went to watch his show, I’m off the clock."

David Draiman hates Nazis. He tells the Jerusalem Post: “I’m incredibly defiant against neo-Nazis. In the band’s infancy we were playing southside Chicago clubs. One of the guys who would come to see us was a skinhead – he had a swastika tattoo, the whole nine yards. He became a diehard fan and one night the band was sitting having drinks after a show and he came over. He started going on about N-word and Jews. I interrupted him and said: ‘Dude, I don’t know if you realize this, but I’m Jewish’. He responded: ‘You’re Jewish? That completely changes by whole idea of what a Jew is supposed to be’. Soon after that he had his swastika removed and denounced the skinhead culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment