Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crazy Collaboartion


New details have been released about Marilyn Manson’s eighth studio album, Born Villain. Manson has revealed that he recorded a cover of Carly Simon's 1972 hit “You're So Vain” with actor/rocker Johnny Depp for the upcoming album.

“[Depp] played drums and lead guitar, and I played guitar and sang,” Manson told MTV News. “It’s a bonus track on my record and the video will probably be us looking at each other like a mirror.”

Manson added that the song also features another member of the Depp family. “Johnny’s son Jack -- whose birthday I’m gonna be performing at -- was in the room and he actually played on the song too. It’s pretty cool.”

The collaboration comes as no surprise since the two have been friends for years. “I met Johnny when I was 19 when I was an extra on 21 Jump Street,” said Manson. “I bought his daughter her first pair of high heels when she was wearing diapers, so we’ve been friends for a long time.”

You'll can check out their version of "You're So Vain" when Born Villain hits stores on May 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment