Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cobain Solo?


According to Eric Erlandson, co-founder and guitarist of Hole, late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain was working on a solo album before he died in 1994. In an interview with Fuse, Erlandson reveals that Cobain had recorded an album’s worth of solo demos, which have never been released.

"[Cobain] was headed in a direction that was really cool,” notes Erlandson. “It would have been his White Album. That's really what he was going towards: a solo album but working with different people."

The guitarist added that Cobain had shared with him some of the music he was working on. “I got to see him play it in front of me,” says Erlandson. “That's why I was really sad when he died. He was cut short. Who knows where this music would have gone?"

In addition to recording new material, Erlandson says that Cobain also recorded a special cover song. The guitarist adds, “I won’t say what it is. I don't own the stuff. I just hope that one day it will be released for fans. It’s just so heartbreaking. It’s not surprising. It’s a very sweet, just touching song."

No comments:

Post a Comment