Monday, April 9, 2012

Jack White misses "White Stripes"


Back in February of last year, The White Stripes called it quits after 14 years of performing together. In an interview with The New York Times, ex-frontman Jack White says that if he had the opportunity, he'd "make a White Stripes record right now."

“I'd be in The White Stripes for the rest of my life,” notes White. “That band is the most challenging, important, fulfilling thing ever to happen to me. I wish it was still here. It's something I really, really miss.”

The singer added that former drummer Meg White “completely controlled the White Stripes” and that she was the one who wanted to end the band. "There came a point where I said, 'If we’re not doing this, we need to put an end to it right now.’ And that's what she wanted to do. I don't know what her reasons are. " The singer continued, “Having a conversation with Meg, you don't really get any answers. She's the most stubborn person I've ever met, and you don't even get to know the reasons. I'm lucky that girl ever got onstage, so I’ll take what I can get."

No comments:

Post a Comment